Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What we're up to...

Every year, we take a group of our high school students to Colorado for a ski trip...This year we flew to Denver, and drove up to Winter Park to ski and be a part of a high school retreat called Powderburn. When Tim and I lived in Colorado, back in the day, we were also a part of Powderbun, so it was fun to see some old friends and reconnect with that group of our Covenant family.Tim and I enjoyed skiing together most of the time & meeting up with different groups of our students on the mountain! My glasses look kind of silly here - probably because I was wearing them on top of my hat - I don't like it when the wind gets in my ears...Brrrrr.

So, one day...I was doing the dishes/cleaning up the kitchen, Caleb and Josiah were playing around, and Josiah came into the kitchen with his blankie...played a little bit laying down, then I noticed he wasn't moving anymore - sure enough, it was nap time! Such a funny kiddo he is.
I just love this little plaid shirt he was wearing, and he posed here so nicely. I put those 'drumsticks' in his pocket and said, "now josiah, put your hands in your pockets and I'll take your picture"...so, of course he listened & here we have our little man.
Caleb had worn this adorable hat and matching coat (hand me down from our MI friends Laurie, Russ and Ben Carlson - it was Ben's about 15 plus years ago) to church, and before I could get it put back in the closet, Josiah was trying on the hat & looking at himself in the mirror - he thought he looked pretty handsome too!
This is just the boys, waiting for me to let them get in the car and go to church. I wanted a picture of Caleb in that cute coat outfit, but he was not feeling very well, so this is the best I got.
We invited our friends, Scott & Jan over for dinner one night & Caleb was helping me do the dishes before they came over, so he 'made coffee', using all the dirty cups from the sink. He really wanted me to leave them there for our guests, but I explained that they really needed to go into the dishwasher, so he settled for a nice picture that we showed our friends when they came. What a compliant child!

2 comments:

misty diller said...

lilly just fell asleep on the floor in our kitchen the other day too!!!! you guys all look great - miss you!!

greg said...

so who's the better skier??