Sunday, April 29, 2012

Caleb loves to do right

Caleb has always liked to do what's right & lately it has become apparent that when he makes a poor choice, he is really hard on himself, too hard. Tonight, he & I were having a conversation about a choice he had made that was not right & I was talking the opportunity to remind him that I will always love him, it doesn't matter what he does, or the decisions he makes, I will ALWAYS love him. It was a great conversation!

As I tucked him into bed moments later I rubbed his sweet head & swept back his great curly hair, & he looked at me with tearful eyes, and said 'Mom, do you think there's a book out there that would tell me how to be a better boy?' I said, yes, I'm sure there is a book out there about that, why? He said, 'Do you think I could ask for that for my birthday?'.

I don't think they make them any more sweet or honest than our Caleb. He's a gem!

No comments: