Monday, July 21, 2014

Already building a New Addition...

Just 6.5 months after moving to Chicago, we plan to have our new addition complete!  November 29, 2014 is the 'scheduled' completion date, but we all know how due dates go, especially with your 1st delivery!


 What?  Bambino #4?  How'd you manage that?  Adopting so soon, after moving across state lines?  Already jumped into Fostering in Illinois?  (Just one of many responses from family when we let them in on our surprise).

Our excited friend, Kellynne, someone who has known our family for 12 years
Well, actually, God's plan is always miraculous, exciting and often times surprising.

So, via FaceTime, early Thursday, April 10, 2014, I called Tim, already commuting to Chicago, to show him this.... 
I had to buy the one with words & highest accuracy %.



After arguing with me about having time to sit down to listen to me for a minute, Tim's response was Priceless.  'Who's is that?'  'What does that mean?'  'Awesome, what do we do now?'  'Really?'  'How did that happen?'  (Those were the questions that echoed in our minds for the next several weeks)
Maria @ 7 weeks...wondering why we've been given this opportunity & what God is up to??


Here is a little excerpt from the conversations between Maria and the Nurse Practitioner, Lab Technicians, Ultrasound Tech and finally the Doctor...
  
Nurse Practitioner:  You don't understand...My body doesn't do this...I mean, the doctors always told us there was nothing 'wrong', but come on, let's be realistic here, this HAS GOT TO BE Something Else!  

Lab Technicians:  Just so you know, I'm deathly afraid of needles, so don't get mad at me, but there will be deep breathing, but I won't pass out, don't worry - I'm just a baby.  See, I have a LIST of why I am very happy to never be pregnant, or give birth...

Ultrasound Tech:  Now, that white spot on the screen you're saying is a baby, could be something else, right?  Let's look at all the angles, I mean, what ELSE could it be?  There COULD BE another rationale for why I feel so wiped out, nauseous, FAT...

Doctor:  Are you sure that's a heartbeat?  I mean, maybe I ate something funny.  Could you explain that?  I have no idea what you're talking about.  I mean, I have 3 kids, but you don't understand...I've not dreamed of this, or prepared, or read ANYTHING.

I was really just trying to be sure everyone was thinking 'outside the box' regarding this whole pregnancy 'diagnosis'.  Let's be realistic here...We've been married for 17 years & have not prevented pregnancies.

The confirmation by medical professionals and continued symptoms of unexplained exhaustion, and inability to keep up my usual pace, forced Maria to SIT DOWN and allow others to be a much needed helping hand (although they had no idea why I needed more than usual help).

Samantha & Mommy trying to keep up our workout schedule, but finding it necessary for pre-workout snacks.


Ouch, just had a blood draw...one of the MANY pains I've NEVER looked forward to.
Jimmy John's to the rescue of the 'starving' pregnant Mom at Josiah's Field day in the park.



Mommy @ 21 Weeks



Our Responses:  Caleb - 'Awesome'; Josiah - 'Cool'; Maria - 'No clue'; Samantha - 'Baby'; Tim - 'What?, How?'

Even with Bambino #4 on the way, arriving around November 29, 2014, we will still have our much needed to space to host family and friends who dare to visit us.

So, book your Chicago stay, at Ciccone Bed & Breakfast.  Lots of excitement around here!!

2 comments:

june said...

Hi Ciccone Family!

Congratulations! This is wonderful and exciting news. We are so happy for you.

Love,
Auntie June & Uncle Arnie

Angela said...

I am so in awe of the presence of God in your lives. I am so happy for your family. ❤️